Ex shoplift what will happen?

Hi, I am an  ex addicted shoplifter, I am recovered now. 

I went to get some water from the store and when I payed and left I got stopped by security and he said " hi I know you have been shoplifting we have it on CCTV. The police are aware and you are barred. Please never come back" 

He did not ask for any information, he didn't know my name or anything ...what's going to happen to me? What should I do?

• blank
    Favorite Answer

Don't think you have much to worry about.   Yes, they MAY try and build a case "the police are aware" but... within the complete context of your story, it just sounds like a stern way to tell you "we do not want you shopping here ever again."

Bascially you have been notified that you are "tresspassed" (or 86'd) from their store.  You are too high a risk to let you in to shop, so never come back.

I have no idea what the background is.  Possibly you were caught on camera years ago.

I DO know that if you enter a premises after you have been "asked" not to return, you can and will be arrested for trespass.

It's that simple.

Thats karma! you pitch!

You should have used other local store, once you stoop low, its hard to get trust back