Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Are you frightened to fly in a Plane?

Favorite Answer

I'd be frightened to fly WITHOUT a plane! There are few places safer than being on a plane, including in your own house. The biggest danger is in a car- 30,000 people a year die in car accidents in the US- 0 in commercial airline crashes. 

No, not really.  The first time I flew on an airplane was probably when I was in preschool, and I also flew several times afterwards, too.

Yes, yes, and yes. I acquired flight phobia since 10 years ago from frequent flying (14 hour-long haul flights over the Pacific) and I've since avoided flying at all costs. I've tried Valium and it helped a little bit but it made me so groggy. I will only take Valium if I'm traveling with somebody, not alone as you're just in a brain fog. 

No, I have well over a million miles flown just on United and many more miles that that altogether. I have no fear of flying.

No, I'm too broke to fly in a plane.

I was extremely frightened ONCE on a flight when there was severe turbulence. But I've flown I don't know how many times, must be a couple of hundred, long haul and short, over a period of nearly 70 years, and am not frightened of flying in general.

Mainly it's just boring and uncomfortable, and if time permitted I would go everywhere by train.

Not at all. You're more likely to die on the way to the airport than actually flying

• hihi!

Yeah, sorta until 3 or 4 doses of Nerve Medicine on BA. Gin and tonic makes the pilots the best and the aircraft best as well. Surprisingly... after over 50 transAtlantic flights.

• Danny

I was before the first time I went on a plane, but as soon as I was on the plane I was fine, I don't mind flying, just find the journeys too long.

• A.J.

No, it's safer than walking on the streets or riding in a car. I live in Las Vegas, NV, USA and pedestrians here take their life in their hands to cross the street.