promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

GPU fans not spinning?

GPU fans will spin as the computer boots. When Windows starts up, they just jitter as if they're trying to spin.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Best cloud rendering from https://gpuhub.net

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

somethings wrong take it in to a store

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

BIOS setting about Slowest Fan Speed may be set to Stop/Off.

• 2 months ago

You'd have to name the manufacturer and make of your Graphics card if you want an accurate answer. (i.e. EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070, MSI Mech OC Radeon RX 5700).

Do the fans spin when the card is under load or do they jitter? I've seen bearings go out on my MSI Gaming X cards and the fan will jitter, or look like it's trying to spin but not able to.

Many of these modern Graphics cards with 2 or 3 axial fans have a 'Zero Fan Mode'. The reference design or 'Founder's Edition cards that use a Blower design with a centrifugal fan don't have a Zero Fan mode.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

might not be needed yet. the gpu has to get hot enough for the fans to spin ... this saves a bit of wear on the bearings and reduces noise

• 2 months ago

They are thermostatically controlled and only need to spin and provide cooling when the chip heats up with heavy use.

• ...Show all comments
    • Starrysky
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Might be to show they are not faulty?  Or the thermostat is faulty and without cooling, the GPU might overheat quickly.  Contact maker, whoever that is, for service you already paid for.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.