Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

How do you ask for a refund?

So I went to my regular hairdresser -not super regular but whenever, not very often, I’m feeling a trim or style I go to her- and she completely botched my dye job. I wanted all over color and provided a picture and it’s just terrible. The color is incredibly uneven there are even whole sections that she must’ve just missed with bleach because they’re my natural color. Also I think she had a time constraint and sent me home with dye on my head to wash out when I got home (which is why I didn’t complain while I was still there as I didn’t know what it looked like). Now, I don’t hate her or anything and she works next door to my mom so complaining is going to be more than a little awkward. I don’t want it redone I just want a refund because I’m so dissatisfied. I could’ve done better myself. My grandma has made a new appointment with a different hairdresser I’ve seen previously to fix it so how do I just get my money back. I think it’s deserved but I know she’ll probably just offer to fix it, and I don’t want to make a scene because of our history. So, what do I do?

Favorite Answer

It's going to be awkward. You can call or simply walk in and say the truth in a calm and rational manner and then make your request.  What you have to accept is that she doesn't have to give you a refund.  If she offers to "make it right" and you refuse that offer, she certainly isn't obligated to refund your money.  

"Lisa, I'm extremely dissatisfied with color job. It is very uneven and not at all what I requested.  I'd like my money back."

Again?  How many times do you get a dye job, weekly?  You must like it if you keep going back to her.

• Sandy

take a pic of your hair now. then take a pic, after you get your hair done correctly. now you have a before and after. then go to her with your correctly dyed hair, point to it and shout, "THIS is what I wanted my hair to look like. NOT THIS!" and show her the before pic. then walk out. chalk it up to experience and don't bother trying to get a refund. she won't be in business long anyway. but if she has a Yelp page, consider putting your pics on it.