Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

I'm so tired of my wife being broke. Really starting to resent her. It's been 7 months since she's had a job?

Anyone else think she lies when she claims she fills out applications? Because it doesn't take someone 7 months to get a basic job. She can work at McDonald's for all I care as long as she is making something. She can't even afford to pitch in for food. She is flat broke which is unacceptable for a 36 year old woman. I pull the load in paying for everything and I mean everything since she can't afford a single bill. Recently she just came down with something she believes to be the flu she's been coughing her lungs out, she's nauseous every 30 minutes, she has hardly been eating, she said her back hurts.she said her head feels like it's going to explode. Now I feel bad that she is so sick but I'm also kind of angry because I now have to pay even more money for her to go to the doctor. I'm not a millionaire I'm just a simple guy who makes about 60K A YEAR. WHICH ISNT A LOT.i have to pay "200 for her to go to the doctor. We have been avoiding doctors and hospitals  for years because I don't like the idea of paying someone for something I can probably do at home.all they do is tell you to drink more water and you are left with a huge bill  But she acts like she's dying so I'm forced to pay. 

I told her listen as soon as you get a job you're going to have to pay me back. I have too much on me financially I can't afford all this. This is stressful for me. And she said I'm stressed too it's hard for me to find a job on top of feeling like a Trainwreck please don't talk to me about this now 

Your marriage is in trouble big time. Not just the financial side. There are partners who supports their partners financially and don't complaint this much. The fact that you posted this and listed nothing good about your wife not even a good quality is a huge sign that you are done with this marriage. Your wife sounds like she could be pregnant or possibly have the depression. Along with this she is sick nauseous and coughing and your avoiding hospitals. Are there possibility any free clinics you can go too? Another thing is if you watch the news people have been dying from the flu? I would take her in to the hospital. You both need marriage counseling as well and financial counseling. I hope your wife finds the strength to leave you. No one should ever feel like this in a marriage. I bet you emotionally abusive your wife as well with your words. 

A little bit of encouragement goes a long way. It used to be more common that husbands went out and worked while the wives stayed home and took care of the house and children. It was more of a partnership than what you are experiencing.

Even though it is expensive to go to the doctor, it sounds like she is either pregnant or possibly has some serious health issues going on, such as cancer.

Marriage is a partnership, meaning you have to be a supportive spouse no matter what.  Did you try to assist her, in finding a job?  If no than you are not a supportive spouse.  Us women do a lot of work, like cleaning, cooking, keeping the house in order, being a mom, etc.  So think about that next time you try to speak negative about your wife.  

Your wife needs to somehow find the strength to LEAVE YOU, because you are a real piece of work, aren't you. You sound like a spoiled BRAT, which indeed is what you are. Why this poor woman married you in the first place, I will never know. And on top of being selfish as holy HELL, you are also IGNORANT. Your wife could be suffering from the flu, yes, but it's also possible that she has a much more serious illness that needs to be treated. She could even have CANCER, from the sound of it. If that were the case, would you even CARE that her life was in jeopardy, pal?? There's a REASON, you know, why marriage vows always include the phrase "in sickness and in HEALTH". It's to prevent situations like this one, where one of you is clearly abusing the other just because of an illness, from happening. YOU are supposed to be SUPPORTING your wife, and not just financially. You're supposed to be providing emotional support as well, because she's going through HELL right now.

You should be ASHAMED of yourself.

this should be a marriage where you two work together, supporting and caring for each other. You sound like she's a problem instead of his wife.

if shes nauseous like that she could be pregnant, she might be able to get money from social services cause of that

• Lisa M

You could always divorce her since SHE'S always broke. Doesn't sound like you have much of a marriage anyway.

This is why most married couple combine their finances. You are either both broke, or you both have money.

Keep this up and you'll be broke from paying alimony.

• n2mama

Maybe she’s lying about filling out applications, or maybe she just presents herself badly as a candidate for a job. I have no idea what her background is (education, previous work, etc.), but to work a low level job like McDonalds she could be either over or under qualified, which Is why she can’t get hired. 

Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to have a spouse not pulling their financial weight (my husband has been voluntarily underemployed for a number of years now). You have to decide what you are willing to do about it. Are you prepared to divorce over this? If so, move forward with making that happen. If you don’t want to divorce, what do you plan to do? You can’t force another adult to do something, and since you want to keep a roof over your head, the power on, etc. you probably can’t just stop paying the bills.

Posting anonymously does little for your credibility. You don't have insurance for your poor wife, and you are not very sympathetic. Obviously you need to have some serious discussions about plans, budgets, etc. once she is better.