Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Why are extremes on both sides trying to ruin our country? And why do I feel I am the only one who sees it?

We have a real problem in the US and its extremism on both levels. In my opinion the far Right and the Far left are two sides of the same coin. I use to lean more left but after being on twitter for 8 months I see that the Progressives are just as hell bent on destroying our country as the MAGA. No one has a legitimate argument for either of these side, (other than because we are white and this was our country first (wrong, this was native american country first)or that (people who will not go out and work should have the same as people who work 80 hrs a week because its our basic rights as humans). Wrong there too, every species has to work to maintain and the more productive they are the more successful they are. At this point I have no idea where I fall and who I will vote for. Is there a middle ground and isn't that what our country was designed for?

• Foofa

You're not the only one. About 41% of voters in the US are registered without party preference and those numbers are growing fast. I'll ignore some of your historical inaccuracies and just say that in a nation this large it's absurd that we're held captive by the DNC/RNC conspirators. Only for their tinkering with campaigns is some logical centrist middle ground party not allowed to form.

• don

How is creating the best economy on earth and bringing back patriotism and freedom "destroying our country "??? WTF is wrong with your mind ?????????????/

• Sally

You feel you are the only one that can see it because you are the product of a government school 

• Clive

What does this have to do with elections?

Be careful where you get this kind of information from. There is a lot of propaganda from both sides and other countries even.

But yeah I agree. Extremism in any form is not good. 

I also agree with another poster here. Twitter is not a good barometer of most Americans. It is filled with angry or sad depressed people who feel like they have a voice and are trying to feel like they accomplish something by having a lot of followers. Somehow they feel successful and validated. 

I would like to add I am a moderate democrat and I think Bernie actually has some relatively good ideas. The problem is he has seemed to pick up some really awful nasty supporters who will call names and harass anyone that doesn't agree with them.  That is off putting and I would be willing to vote for Bernie if he gets the nomination but I will not be bullied into it. 

I feel the same way. But what really gets me is the Bernie Sanders and Trump supporters. Trump supporters know who he is they just like being able to voice their ignorance he is their platform and the Bernie Sanders supporters never make valid arguments they just call names to people who do not support him and say because socialism is better. That is not valid and it is still ignorance. 

I would stay off of twitter. They do not actually represent the average american. They just are a platform for the ignorant to have voices.

Ir sounds more like you're so narrow minded you can look through a keyhole with both eyes.

• Ericka2 months agoReport

I'm guessing you are a Bernie Sanders supporter

The country is split 50/50 as seen in the midterm elections.