promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

I have a manager that bullies me at work..what can I do? Please help?

I work at a retail store and everyone there is really nice to me except for the general manager. No matter how much I try to avoid her and mind my own business, she goes out of her way to bully me and she's really mean. She will say things like customers dont like me and the only reason some say they do is because I told them to. I try to stay away from her but she finds me and bullies me almost every shift. I'm not the fighting and controversy type. Please help

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You don’t have to fight to get your point across,you can’t expect a bully to stop unless you confront them, mention how you feel to her and ask if she would stop, if she doesn’t go over her head and mention it to her boss.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lisa M
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

That reminds me of a job I had at a clothing store when I was 21. The manager, who also just started, didn't like me. Money started to go missing out of people's lockers. I got $10 taken out of my purse and she claimed she did too. 

But one day when we were leaving, and they were doing the regular bag check. I said 'Careful, I have a cream cheese bagel in there' and she said 'I know'. I was surprised and shocked. It was HER who was stealing! Suffice it to say, I told a 'friend' who worked there of what I thought was happening and this so called friend told the manager and I got sacked soon after. The manager probably told everyone they sacked me because I was stealing. But of course the stealing went on after I left. And I lost a friend and a job. It took me years to be able to even walk by that store again. 

• 2 months ago

Something isn't sitting well with her about your training. Are you SMILING enough at customers? Trying to please them? Do you do all the duties (stocking, clean up) without being asked? Do you need more register training?

Next time she comes, STOP avoiding her or shutting down. Take it as an opportunity to find out why you're being singled out. Just ask her if she feels you need more training. Ask her if you're being perceived as not being customer friendly. Ask her what about the job isn't being done up to her expectations.

It's the only way to stop the slide down the ladder that you're currently on. Avoiding things doesn't help.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Stop being so sensitive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I think maybe labor board?

• Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you should wear something really sexy and see if they get nicer ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.