My parents refuse to talk about animals, especially the ones we adopted?

In late 2012, my parents decided to move from our house to a city appartment. We had two cats. Because the city appartment didn't allow pets, our cats were rehomed. I was opposed to the rehoming right from the beginning. Unfortunately, because I couldn't live independently and ake the cats under my wing, I allowed it to happen as I still lived with the parents.

Up to this day, I still completely regret the decision and can never forgive myself for allowing to happen.

My parents have turned bitter now and refuse to talk about animals, period - not even our own. If animals are bought up, it's met with sharp snarls and rebukes. 

Mum said that life changes all the time but I still believe the rehoming was unneccessary and so cruel. Plus we had been very unhappy moving into a city appartment - it turned out to be a bad gamble.

Why would you think re-homing was cruel - what would be better - killing them.

It has been SEVEN YEARS - your parents snap at you because you won't let this go.

At the time your parents moved - they probably thought it was a better option for them.  Turning out to be unhappy in the move is one of those things that sometimes happens if things don't turn out the way they were expected to.  And since you had no other options at the time, you are stuck.

Learn from their errors and don't make those kinds of mistakes in your own life once you move out.  That is all you can do when you are still living at home.  

• n2mama

It’s been 7 years. Let it go. Anyone would be annoyed and snappy about something brought up over and over and over for years. 

Maybė ťhėre does exist a hidden reason 

why they choos to not talk about such issu

but unless prssing it's honstly bst to drop 

it yo !!

..............................................................

Do you have a question here? Since you lived with them there wasn't anything you could have done to change it anyway.

• Eva

It's been more than 7 years. Let it go and stop bugging your parents about it. When you can live independently you can make your own decisions.

. They don't want to talk about the pets so shut up and stop whining about it 

They owned the cats and didn't feel like looking for a rental that would allow the cats so they got rid of them. Doesn't matter if you didn't want them to be gotten rid of, you didn't own them and did not live on your own. 

Forgive yourself for what? Again the cats where NOT yours at all. You had no right to be mad about them getting rid of the cats and no right to when about it. 

It wasn't cruel to get rid of the cats. The cats are property and since your parents owned them and could not keep them, they got rid of the cats. You need to stop being a toddler and grow up and move out 

So you've been going on about this for more than seven years? I would be annoyed by the topic now as well.