Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 2 months ago

I don't understand which lightbulb to get lol please help?

The lighting in my bedroom is very poor. I have a 100W lamp that seems to give off almost yellow light and a small 40W lamp that barely helps. I like bright light and I have no fan or inset lighting.

I want a smart lightbulb that I can use with Alexa so I don't have to get up to turn off the light if I fall asleep with it on, but there are so many different ones, some say they need a hub?

I always thought watts determined the brightness but some articles say they don't.

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC :)

Such things as lumens and color temperature will matter more now that LED bulbs are here, but "200W Equivalent" and the like should be around for a while.

https://www.bulbs.com/

A 'daylight' bulb may be too bluish and harsh for indoor use.  I know it is for me.  I'd suggest looking for a bulb with a 'color temperature' of about 4000K. 

Incandescent equivalent - 2700K, too yellowish

Daylight bulb - 5000K, too blushish and harsh

Compromise - 4000K, just right!

• k w

ask for HELP @ home depot/menards , they'll explain all the options......

Buy the LED bulb, day light type, has brightness equal to 100W bulb, best quality and not that expensive is Philip brand.

If you need even more brightness, install two those light bulbs by using a light adapter socket " 1 into 2 ".

Smart bulb might meet what you want, but read this first..

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/why-your-next-light-bu...

Once you mentioned Alexa it was "game over dude!" Ask Alexa, she can tell you and probably tell you where to get them and how to install them.