What do I watch after finishing Naruto Shippuden? That follows the akatsuki leader wearing the orange mask?

Too many movies, gettin confused here.

If you watched all of Shippuden, I recommend stopping on Naruto.  The movies, at least the ones I've seen, are bad.  What's more they have nothing to do with the main plot.  They're 'filler' quality basically.  I tried Boruto and it was absolutely uninteresting, so I quit several episodes in.

I think My Hero Academia looks like a promising shonen.  Maybe not AS good as Naruto, but my next favorite so far.  I don't have high opinions of Fairy Tail or Bleach.  One Piece had moments for sure but it's too much of the same thing over and over and doesn't really evolve like Naruto did.

Almost all movies are nothing but side-stories that presumably happen along the course of the main story and have no relevance whatsoever on the main story. Only two movies, The Last and Boruto are canon and both follow after the main series. There is also a new series, Boruto, which picks up after that.

Boruto

not as good as Shippuden in some ways (but not as drag-it-out-forever as Shippuden, so that's good)

but

all of the "regular" Naruto characters reappear

with children just starting out to be ninjas.

Of course

the original Naruto is still the best

by far.

• Frank2 months agoReport

Did they brush over the entire akatsuki war, like what happened there?