Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 2 months ago

How long should it take to receive my tax refund, my CPA did it electronically. for a direct deposit he did it Jan 28th ?

just a 1040 and social security

just a 1040 and social security

Correction: EVERY Federal Income Tax return uses form 1040 and social security is ALWAYS part of the same return as everything else.

Go to the IRS site & find the "where's my refund" tab. Enter the answers to the questions & it will tell you when the refund is scheduled. Or where it is in the process.

A few weeks should do it.

Sigh. 2-4 weeks. The same as every year.

Most refunds come within 3 weeks which would be today, but there is no guarantee that it won't take longer.

If you claimed earned income credit they don't even start processing your return until February 15th, so count 3 weeks from then and don't plan on it until about March 7th.

Google "where's my refund" and go to the IRS's online tool to check the status of your return and refund.