Dream about an Ex?

I haven't spoken to my ex in 2 weeks now..he appeared in my dream wearing a black button down coat and he was emotionless. Yet in the dream he gave me and my son a place to stay. 

Favorite Answer

It's natural to dream of an ex. It's not so much a regret of a past life, than the hope of a future life. He is the symbol of a dreamed partner rather than the man he was.

In your dream you feel that more important than everything is the acceptance of you son.  Your ex doesn't give any tenderness or body contact. He give a place for you and your son, and you think it's the more important thing.

Your dream was a "wish fulfillment dream."  That is what you would want, a place to stay with your child.  But in reality he seems to be unemotional toward you, since he is now your ex. 

That fits the usual understanding of color in dreams. Black tends to associated with negativity and the lack of emotion. Perhaps you still seek his care, but not his love.