promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

do you ever feal sorry for prisoners, i saw a tv programme and their lives seemed so dull and misreable ?

i saw a programme on a womens prison and it was obvious that their lives are very very dull. they have to get up at 6am every morning then uniform inspection then cell inspection , then work those women prisoners that dont work are locked back into their cells, prisoners are locked in their cells at 4 pm for the night, at 9pm lights out, at the weekend the women prisoners are confined to their cells with just 1 hour out per day, i know these women have done wrong and deserve to be punished but it was difficult to not feel sorry for them them

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's called manipulation. Criminals are master manipulators. Congratulations you fell for it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Depends on the crime they committed. 

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're in the UK and I believe almost all of your prisoners have been convicted of a crime and given a fair sentence. That's not true in the USA. I feel sorry for the Americans and illegal immigrants held in prisons and jails awaiting trials.

This chart, even if not totally accurate, shows 70% of those in local jails in the USA have not been convicted of a crime and are awaiting trial.

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/graphs/pie2017_jail_d...

Also, criminal records means people getting released have a time back in society.

Your prison and jail situation are not nearly as bad as in the USA.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

their choice ...............................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Very rarely.  If they hadn't broken the law, they wouldn't be in jail.

• 2 months ago

Well ..... Yea at times it is written in your fate, cant be done anything, especially for people who get caught when they havent done anything wrong ...

• 2 months ago

the main purpose of prison is to PUNISH  and of course to disipline, its meant to be strict and very unpleasent, the purpose of prison is to punish so the wrongdoer dosnt do it again ?

• 2 months ago

Sometimes I do. For male prisoners too. Not everyone in prison is a monster. In fact - I think many of them don't deserve to be in prison at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.