Is it okay to work fast food and retail when you are 25? I am 25 and I have two jobs I work at a grocery store and at a fast food restaurant?

I started working fast food at 23. Then I started working at a grocery store working two jobs and quitting the fast food job due to a jerk General manager. I took a job at a fast food place across the street at my job in a upper middle class area for the tips and to pay bills. I received a $50 tip from someone. 

Some days I feel like I should be doing more. Then I feel like this where God needs me in the moment.

• Scott

I worked in a grocery store...when I was in high school. There's nothing "wrong" with what you're doing, but do you plant to work part time, entry level jobs forever?

Why would that not be OK? I swear you young people can't think for yourselves

Sure. You are really the only person who should be judging your choice of employment.  If you are financially self-sufficient and either enjoy are can tolerate your jobs, then there is nothing "wrong" with your choice of work.  You may have opportunities within both of your jobs to move up.  If at some point you find you need a higher income or feel unfulfilled in your work, you can certainly look at other options.

• Eva

Do you want to do this for the rest of your life? If not, you need to start making plans now for something better. At 25, you should be working towards something. Your feeling that "this is where God needs me" is just an excuse to not go outside your comfort zone.

• I had a retail job when I was your age. I tried fast food for a few weeks, but I didn't like that job at all. At least you have a job, if you like what you're doing then it's okay for you. If you want to get a better job maybe you need to re educate your self, or if you have the education make it work for you.

Any job is better than no job but you should be doing the best job you can. Promotions can & do happen. I worked a min wage job in college.  Because I did such a good job, they offered me assistant manager at a different store so I did that. I hoped I could make general manager in 6 months but it took 9.  I was younger than you.

Don't blame the manager, blame yourself for the way you handled it.

It's OK at any age. I'd take that over no job.