Livi asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

Did I neglect my bunny?

I have had my bunny for about 6 years now and I am so ashamed and scared I have wasted most of her life. I was only 7 when we got her and she was suppose to mainly be my brothers (he was 10 at the time) but it soon came clear that my mom would have to be doing most of the work as i guess he lost interest 🙄🤬. And seeing as she has a full time job and we have school she didnt get the needed outings and affection she should have gotten( like she definetly didnt get exercise time everday). Her cage isnt small but isnt exceptionally big. She gets water, food, hay, and toys like cardboard and such..we try to clean her cage at least once a week but sometimes we dont get around to it that fast I have now learned upon research that, that is un acceptable and I will now do better. But thinking about her and how I've probably wasted most her life makes me devastated and brings me to tears I love her lots and I really want to make her life better. And so now that i have aged up and can now probably take care of her I am sorta "adopting" her as my own and am gonna try to build a better bond up with her...but I fear that I have just wasted her life with loneliness and bordem and I hate it so much...:( so I have come her to ask if I was neglecting her..?

• patty

get her a mate, rabbits don't like to be alone

Not really, but maybe your brother did....

• Raven

Why beat yourself up about this? You were a kid. The whole family kind of left this rabbit behind. But now you have her best interests in mind and are going to be a model bunny owner! Focus on that. That's the important thing.