What do I do when my friend who goes to another school is getting bullied?

My best friend goes to a different high school and he is such a great person. He is such a patient guy and really funny and is just a soft giant. We hang out with each other at least once a week. He told me that he was kind of getting bullied in PE but it didn't really bother him so I didn't really push him on that. Ever since it has been getting a lot worse. He's constantly being harassed every day and at one point someone sexually harassed him which is where it crossed the line. I demanded that he told the gym teacher about the sexual assault and he told him, but all the teacher said was "tell me if it happens again." It didn't happen again but they are still constantly harassing him. Today I saw him with cuts on his arm and I just froze. I didn't want to bring it up because he has been through cutting before and I didn't want to put him in an uncomfortable situation but I wish I did. He's seeing a therapist but I feel like it won't be enough. I want to bash the heads of those bullies into a wall but I don't know who it is and I would be easily overpowered anyway. I told him that he should switch schools (students are allowed to do that in my district) and he is thinking about it. I just want to protect him but I don't know how. Sorry if I made any grammar mistakes it's like 1 AM where I am. Thank you.

P.S. I did end up talking to him about the cuts and he said he won't ever do it again but I'm still worried.

He needs therapist