Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 month ago

Weird dry patch of skin?

For about a week or two ive had a dry patch if skin in my arm. I have out some lotion on it but that didnt stop it completely. Can someone tell me what it is because it is starting to get bigger? Thanks! The rough looking skin is the patch.

There is also a similar sized patch on my other arm.

Favorite Answer

Patches of dry skin can have many causes, including allergies, dermatitis and psoriasis. By determining the cause of dry skin, a person can find the right treatment. Dry skin is a common problem in the winter months when the skin is exposed to colder temperatures and lower humidity.

• Andy C

Rough skin is not a part of puberty.   Rough,  dry skin is caused by skin dysfunction,  which is being caused by liver dysfunction. 

If you consume sugar every day,  this is the problem.   The fructose in sugar is no different to your liver than is alchohol. 

6 beers a day would have had the same effect 

There are others that negatively impact the liver,  but fructose and alcohol are the most common. 

Maybe you eat a lot of corn-fed meat. 

Get rid of added sugars in your diet for a few months onth and see what happens to your skin. 

Your acne will drastically reduce or be cured.

Source(s): Not all doctors know about this, but the field of Dermatology is the most accepting of this new science.