Whats the best strategy that has never failed for interviews for you?

Be natural during the interview

Honesty and ask lots of questions and smile.

• Lisa M

Wear a light colour. 

I have a lucky tie, it has worked so far.

Tremendous preparation, superior qualifications and going to as many interviews as needed.

Honesty and asking questions.

Both sides are looking for a match and there have been a few instance when the manager was not some one I wanted to work with.  But that comes with experience.

I was once waiting with another candidate for the job and we were having a chat about emerging technology.  The manager walked in and told us that we should be more competitive. I told him in no uncertain terms that he should hire the other guy...  Later, as I was interviewed anyway and had answered their questions, I learned that I would have 3 managers and would be the only worker.  I explained to them that their project was going to fail and I was not interested in the job.   Funny thing was that I later learned heard from the recruitment agency that the two higher up managers really wanted to hire me.

Another time I had a bad feeling, so I asked the manager to show me the desk if I was going to work there.  Turned out it was in a very bad location, with a door right behind it that would hit the chair if opened too far.  Again I declined.

I have had to interview people as well, sometimes they are really shy and I have had a couple of instances when the person was technically competent but had to hire some one else because I needed some one who could interact with people as well.

So be honest, be yourself, ask questions and don't be afraid to say no, or fail.  interviews is something that takes practice.

Proper mindset.  If you view a job interview as a two-way transaction, you are on equal footing with the interviewer.  It's not just a case of the interviewer trying to see if you're a good match with the company, it's also a case of you trying to see if the company is a good match for you.  These days, odds are the company needs you more than you need them, especially when you consider the low wages and horrible benefits offered under Trump's regime.

Never apply in the first place

Showing up......

Complete honesty and frankness. No fluffing the resume, no heavy handed sales pitch.