Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Pissed off as MIL prefers BIL to my partner !?

So BIL (of sorts, not married yet) seems to be MIL s favourite. It was only after a conversation the other night where she asked her favourite son who works in a bank to ring up my partner at 10pm just as we were due to head out for a meal about a bank job at his work. The only thing is I currently work 3 days a week as a support worker and my partner is a stay at home dad. He has previous experience caring for his mum and was eager to pick up a part time night shift post he will apply for soon, it s up at my work but different houses. His mother proceeded to tell me that she was so proud of the son who worked in the bank, he got £15 an hour and that my job didn t pay enough money. I get £9 an hour. Her son used to be a manager but isn t anymore, he lives in a fancy house but only sleeps there, he is always at his own MIL house or his mum s. He drops his one year old son off constantly to go drinking with the wife and doesn t have a clue how to iron, cook or turn on a washing machine. My partner and I are very independent with our son and being a stay at home dad is hard and definitely rewarding for him right now. Anyway how do I approach this ? I ve been so angry since the other night

not much you can do about it

maybe you should talk to her about it