Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How can I get my mum back in my life?

When I was 16, I started sleeping with my mum’s boyfriend. I didn’t care if it was wrong. I was in love with him. Got pregnant not long after. The two of us decided to be together. He left my mum and we moved in together. My mum was so angry. It’s 3 years later and we haven’t spoken since. But now I really miss her. I want her back in my life. I want her to be involved in my son’s life. I’ve tried to get in touch, but she keeps ignoring me. Does anyone have any idea how to get her to forgive me? 

you might not be able to

This is an impossible situation. And how does your mother forgive your mutual boyfriend, as well?  She knows you want her to forgive you, and she has made her position clear. You, my dear, are now motherless, it would seem.  Write her a letter, if she won't speak to you, and hope that eventually she may come round, but don't count on it.

• audrey

If I was your mother, I'd never speak to you again for the rest of my life. I'd request that you not be allowed at my funeral. I'd write a will leaving you a dollar so you could never touch anything of mine ever again.

Do you hear how selfish you are?

First you screw her boyfriend, then you get pregnant with his child and on top of that you move in together and are pretty much married now! Not once did you stop and think about how you deeply hurt your mother by doing this?

Despite all you have put your mother through, you have the audacity to demand she come back in your life and to forgive you, all because YOU say so? No, it does not work that way, at all! 

If you want your mother back in your life and for her to forgive you then you need to be doing the hard work here, and it won't be easy! Several things need to occur

1- You need to realise that not only what you did was wrong, but it deeply hurt your mother! This is going to take a lot of self reflection on your own end here! You cannot expect her to forgive you, if you aren't capable of remorse, then you can't ask for her forgiveness here.

2- The next step is asking her to meet with you individually so you can iron out things and begin to repair the relationship. You are going to need to understand that she may not even agree to the meeting, realise this is a good chance she might turn you down about meeting, remember she owes you nothing here.

3- At the meeting you explain how bad you messed up, explain to her how awful you feel for betraying her like you did! Be genuine, that is the key! I can tell you she will have a lot to say to you at this meeting, so you better be willing to hear what she has to say, and without acting defensive or flip about it

4- If your mom agrees to forgive you, realise this is not an instant thing! This will take a a long time.

you might not be able to,

A soap opera could milk this for years.  Have you proposed a threesome to your Mom?

• LP7

Where is your boyfriend now?You may have to go it alone for a while.Your mum is not a door mat