Taylor asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Can my doctor prescribe weight loss pills?

I am a 25 years old female; I weigh 201lbs and I'm no taller than 5'5 at the most (assuming I grew from the time I last measured myself 4 yrs ago) This is the biggest I've been. I got really depressed and gained 50+ lbs in like a year and now I want to get back down to a healthy weight but everytime I try dieting I fail horribly because I feel like I'm ALWAYS hungry and end up slorging and just saying "F it." I've also noticed I've been having problems with my pressure being high since my weight gain. Both my parents side of the family have diabetes and high blood pressure so I have a high risk for it and I have had moments where my pressure has been high a few times lately. Would my doctor be able to prescribe me weight loss pills? I understand its not a magical solution but if I can get something to help me with my appetite I'd be good to go. I love vegetables and stuff but they do not keep me full for longer than a hr and I end up grabbing a unhealthy snack to "fill me up" I feel like she should being that both sides of my family have high blood pressure and since I have tried dieting multiple times in the past. Its also taking a toll on my mental health because I feel less attractive.

Visit this website for help https://weightlossfast247.com/leptitox2

if your doctor is an MD yes, he/she can prescribe medication. I have no idea what "weight loss pills" are though. 

• Eva

Get a referral to a nutritionist before you think about trying pills. The pills don't fix the problem long term. You need to learn how to eat to lose the weight and then maintain your weight loss. A nutritionist can help you plan your meals so that you're not so hungry and will plan snacks for you as well.

Provided that your doctor believes it will be helpful and you have no conditions that would be dangerous based on the chemicals in the medication, an MD CAN prescribe weight loss pills.The things you need to understand are:

1.  These pills do very little. They don't melt fat. They don't create will power.  They don't change the biochemistry of the food you eat. They don't stop you from making poor food choices or bingeing.

2.  The average weight loss on diet pills is 10-15 pounds in a year.  People who are willing to make lifestyle changes can lose 10 pounds in a month.  So...if you are relying on pills to fix your problem, you'll be disappointed.

3. My  guess is that you eat a lot of and even crave a variety of grain-based foods (cereal, bread, pasta, baked goods, French fried, chips, etc.). That suggests that you have something call insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome.  Look this up.  You may find that if you can stick to a keto or very low carb diet, you'll address your cravings, feed your body the nutrients it needs, and lose excess fat.  

You have the power within you to make changes that will enable you to reach and maintain a healthy weight and decrease or eliminate your risk of obesity and diet-related health issues.  

Treat it naturally and lose your weight gradually. Give up sugar and processed food. 

It depends on the doctor and how they usually handle weight gain. She might want to send you to a nutritiousness first but will also get your blood work done. Depending on the doctors finding, they might put you on weight loss pills.

I'm on weight loss pills but I also have PCOS and diabetes. So, I really need them. I just started taking Metformin. You might want to request Topamax, it makes everything taste HORRIBLE and you just don't want to eat.

When you see your doctor, focus on your concerns of weight gains health risks on not so much on how less pretty you look. Let her know that you feel depressed and sluggish based on the weight gain. Bottom line is keep it medical and not personal like about your looks.

If she says no, then find one who will give it to you. Remember, your doctor's job is to not boss you around and make decisions for you, they can only give medical advice/ referrals. So if you don't like what she does or doesn't do for you, look for a new doctor.

just ask him for some