Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Atheist did you never consider being wrong?

If hell truly exists don't you wanna escape??

Favorite Answer

i think some do and become christians later

• A.J.

Never heard of one.

The same question can be posed to religious people. Religion is founded on FAITH, not facts.

• Who

nope- did you?

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence. – Charles Bukowski; as a lapsed Lutheran (and an honorary Jew - which not really sure is a thing but I was honored to be told I was one), I really am an atheist.  But would never challenge another's religious beliefs and often lift guidance on living a moral life from religious sources.  

• Vrisa2 months agoReport

nice

No. If there is a God he knows where to find me right?

Yes, if atheists are wrong and God exists, then God created atheists and wants them to be atheists, so they're doing what God wants. So they're not wrong to do it.

Anyone that doesn't accept the possibility they are wrong KNOWS they are lying to themselves.

• A.J.

My position in thought adjusted over time, and changes by what logic and science and my senses tell me over time.

I was a Skeptic Jewish when fairly young. The stories never seemed real, but I had no explanation of rare events that occurred. Then Agnostic as it seemed it was impossible to prove or disprove. I learned many branches of science and math and about probability and accept "we don't know yet" for origin of the universe and origin of life and what happens when we die and became Atheist as a deity did not fit an explanation of many things about the universe and Earth. Too many things are imperfect and most miracles are explained and old books as truth I prefer to reject. Recently, I changed to Free Thinker Atheist. The God of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, seems not right to me still. But, I do not reject nor accept Panpsychism, Universal Consciousness, and connected or ongoing life forces. The scant and rare evidence of connection of life and immediate afterlife and certain experiments repeatable means there could be more than what we know. I believe these fields can be investigated with scientific principles applied and may bridge the gap between religion and physical world as we know it. But, there is not enough to be convinced.

I accept people's rights to believe as they wish as long as not attacking those who believe differently. There must be a true freedom of personal practice of religion that does not interfere with secular living. Accept that I believe different from you and we live in peace.

Per your comment addition - There is no heaven or hell as described in major religions, but it has no effect on my treatment of humanity, wildlife, the planet. I am generous, high personal integrity and honesty. I do not believe in gun ownership nor war.  

Many were probably believers once so did accept that they were wrong

no i dont think so