Am I going to die?

Every time I feel it I keep saying the same thing.

No not again why does this always have to come out of nowhere it’s really hot in here I can’t catch my breath why can’t I catch my breath my hands are shaking my hearts definitely going too fast My pulse is definitely too high this is not good I wish someone was here no they’ll think I’m crazy

Yeah probably. it’s cold why do I feel so heavy on the chest what were the symptoms of a heart attack again, chest pain,numb arms yeah that’s it. definitely having a heart attack why are my muscles so tight, where did my legs go I can’t feel my legs

This is so weird just feels Like im on the other side of the room looking at myself Unreal completely unreal I really don’t feel well I think I’m gonna be sick I wonder if these will help this will calm me down this is not a good idea. Shouldn’t be smoking I’ll take some more just in case did I overdose probably overdosed why is everything so loud my heads going to explode am I going crazy probably going crazy what if I lose control and do something stupid I don’t want to lose control I hope no one sees me like this I really don’t feel well I think I’m dying am I dying breath.

Favorite Answer

You’re probably having a panic attack of some sort and should see a doctor

Sweetheart, you’re not dying. That’s a panic attack. When you have one, there are ways to deal with it. 

When it happens, the first thing you need is to get out of any uncomfortable situation, get to a safe, secluded space. If you’re in a crowded situation or an uncomfortable place, it will be much more difficult to recover. The second thing you must do is remind yourself you are safe. You’re not dying. You’re not in any real danger. You’re perfectly safe, even though you don’t feel like it. When you have a panic attack, the muscles in your chest tighten up, making it difficult to breathe. There’s a trick to fix this. Bring your shoulders up to your ears. Hold for 5 seconds. Then bring them as far back as you can. Hold for 5. Then drop them. If you need to, repeat a couple times. This will loosen the muscles in your chest, allowing you to breathe.Now that you can breathe, try a breathing exercise. Start small. Breathe in for 2 seconds, hold for 2 seconds,  breathe out for 2 seconds, pause for 2 seconds. Repeat this a few times. Then increase how long you breathe for. Move up to 4 seconds, then 8 seconds. 

While you breathe, it might help to focus on one thing. Like a certain spot on the wall, a certain book on the shelf, shirt on the floor, whatever you can find. Stare at one spot while you breathe. Don’t look at your hands, it might take them a while after your panic attack stops for them to stop shaking. (Keeping your hands busy might help, doesn’t always. Try drawing or writing or using a fidget spinner.)

Or, rather, close your eyes and block everything out.

• Not at all in my opinion

.......Anxiety 

• LAN

I hope so.  It seems that will be the only way to get you to stop constantly posting the same pity me idiocy over and over.

• Alina2 months agoReport

This is just an old fart on pension that has nothing better to do but insult everyone because he’s so miserable! Take no notice of this old fart as he’ll soon be on his own death bed. 

Make a doctor appointment as soon as you can.

• no - it sounds like you're working yourself up into a frenzy if anything, calm down and relax.

yes, everyone on this site is going to die. what a dumb question

• Noeli1 month agoReport

Of course everyone on this site is going to die. But this person is struggling and they want to know if they’re dying from this. They do NOT need you telling them it’s a dumb question. I don’t care if it’s a joke. If you knew what a panic attack was like, you wouldn’t have said that.