What are the dietary standards for Muslims during Ramadan?

• Mintee
    Favorite Answer

same as any other day, as for what we eat..( like no pork, no alcohol, and other dietery restrictions) . but its a fast, similar to intermittent fasting. we dont eat from sunup to sundown.. nothing, not even water.. then when sundown comes (its announced by the call to the evening prayer).. we break our daily fast.. and then eat.. but to break a fast, think ( breakfast in any normal day).. you dont want to eat a huge steak and potato meal in the morning when you wake up, so you certainly dont when breaking the ramadan fast either.. you eat something light on the stomach.. soup, yogurt, fruit, juice. some soft veggies, things like that.. then we go pray, come back, sit around, chat, visit relatives, then after a couple of hours or more, we can take a regular larger meal if you want.. (me personally, I dont like eating a large meal at night, so I just eat some yogurt and go to bed, lol )

During the month of Ramadan , Muslims only take two meals a day, One for start fasting and the other for breaking fast.

no food between sun rise and sun set