promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Al asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 2 months ago

do planes have outlets?

my laptop battery no longer holds a charge and needs an outlet. Is there an outlet for the window seat and the aisle seat

Update:

the battery is not easily removable without unscrewing the back 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.  Every plane I have flown on in the last 20 years or so has had outlets, even in "coach".

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You might have to upgrade to business class to have an outlet.  Check with the airline.

• 2 months ago

No one knows what you are flying on, so how would we know? seatguru.com

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

All commercial airliners have at least one 117VAC/400 cycle outlet at least in the bathroom. Many have a few in passenger compartment; that depends. I always make sure my camera, etc, fully charged before I go on any trip, I've Learned.  I even carry 12 volt chargers just in case, both fit in a cig liter socket.

Source(s): REF: In an A & P class, we learned of A/c electrical, the inverters and 28 volt batteries. Even old 737's from 1985 have inverters or dynamotors or APCs and and AC outlets.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

do planes have outlets? YES some do.

Do all planes? NO

Will yours? MAYBE

the battery is not easily removable without unscrewing the back  SO WHAT. If it needs a new battery then it needs a new battery.

If you want a specific answer for a certain airline for a certain type of plane and a specific route then ask. Seat Guru can usually tell you.

Hundreds of Airlines and THOUSANDS of planes do not have plugs.Some do.

Yours MIGHT.

• ...Show all comments
    • Anon
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

It's  an Outlet, Not a "plug". Plug has male pins, the load side; outlet or socket  has Female pins, as it's the Line side.

• 2 months ago

Only newer aircraft might have a USB outlet so you can hook up your laptop. Thinking the Boeing 787 may be one of the newer aircraft that has such? Can't recollect, only flew two 787's in the past six years.

• 2 months ago

Most airplanes don't have outlets. Go on eBay and get yourself a new battery they're usually $20 or less

• Anon
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Most Commercial Airliners like what He describes, DO have 117VAC/400 cycle outlets. At least One in the Loo. 

• 2 months ago

Depends entirely on the airline you're flying with and whether its international/domestic, although I'm sure most first class seats probably do have them. From my experience, they're rarely there and if they are, they don't work half the time.

• Jeff
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It depends on the airline and plane. There’s no way to give you a solid answer without knowing those things.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.