promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Why not judge other people?

Kind of hard not to when they’re bitter or taking their stuff out on us.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because judging cannot help you be happy or solve any problem. You can just get caught up in the energy of judgement.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Because judges have judged that judging is wrong. 

• Carmen
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I just try to remember to o put the shoe on the other foot especially not knowing what others may be dealing with or going through we all imperfect all fall short at times it's enough division in the world and judges I try to treat people like I want to be treated even if it's not returned to me because you can reach more people with kindness than being judgmental.

• 2 months ago

There are two kind of judging.  Someone mistreats you, or steals, lies, does not give in a relationship, friendship, family, or lover as much as they take. You can judge them.  And make them accountable,  meaning you don't allow others to mistreat you.  But prejudging others, like homeless, the poor, drug addicts.  Sure some, were spoiled, and or irresponsible, but most were abused, had a set beck out of their control.  Two I can think of off hand was the Bernie Madoff scam, where he lived like a king stealing 50 million from mostly hard working Americans small savings, people who worked 30-40 years and saved for retirement and had little, $200,000-$500,000 and now have nothing.  They are 50, 60 or older, and have nothing to live on except an average of $16,000 a year in social security.  This effected a few million people.  Included in with these hard working people, a few thousand well off or rich people also lost most of their life savings. Same age, but lost 1-5 million.  In 2008 the fraud the banks were doing for the last 10yrs blew up, and devastated the economy.  I personally lost 5 properties, worth $200,000  $100,000 in savings, and another $150,000 in my retirement.  Again hard working people lost a lot, and have to start over.  Yet even though congress found fraud no one went to jail.  They made about 3 trillion dollars and all they had to do was pay back 2 trillion.  I judge them, and congress for being corrupt.  But the people that were hurt, live on hard times just like the few who messed up because they were stupid, or foolish.  I think most people want to be responsible and take care of them self, if given the chance.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Well, judging others does not define who they are, but who you are. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Seriously though.  Don't let them suck the life outta you and distract you from achieving your own goals.  If there's one thing I've learned in life it's that.  You can't prevent other people from judging you so you might as well stop wasting all your energy trying.

• 2 months ago

Everyone judges in their own minds. It's part of the human condition.

• muffy2 months agoReport

exactly

• 2 months ago

It is impossible to not judge people. First of all, judgement is how every species on earth survives. And secondly, judgement isn't always negative. To judge is to observe, and are there not positive observations? Does judgment not help you distinguish things from bad to good? Where would you be without judgment? You'd either be brain dead or just dead all together. It's necessary. But how you use it is up to you. 

• 2 months ago

Why are they bitter? Most people become bitter when something is done to them. Not judging means not assuming that the person wants to be bitter. People acting out generally have a problem. You seem to think that all of us agree that their problems are inconvenient? Certainly don't judge if you don't even have time to organize any concern for people in your society. Society does have people looking for the signs of underlying problems.  

For example, if you took the person to a psychologist to sort out their attitude, it might result in a different outcome than psychology. The psychologist could tell you that a sociologist is required. The sociologist could tell you that a charity is required. The charity could tell you that a mechanic is required. The mechanic could tell you that a new car dealer is necessary. The car dealer could tell you that a taxi driver was all that was needed. All you had to do was hold the persons hand for that taxi ride to go see someone. You realise you could just take some time to drive them yourself. Problem solved.

• 2 months ago

You don’t know what they’ve been through, being quick to judge instead of attempting to understand is what creates conflict

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.