Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

how to set up my home and yard for a pet fox?

my partner and i are planning on adopting a pet fox when we move and i wanted to do a little more research on as to what i needed to have in my house and in my yard for a fox like how much space and what not. possibly some other advice as well.

i’m pretty sure i got it all under wraps but i wanted to ask as many sources as i could to get a variety of answersi’ve done a lot of research on this topic, i know the negatives and positives. it’s legal to own in the state that i live in and i have a lot of time and resources on my hand to care for this animal as well.

You've done no research clearly. Its a wild animal that will act like a wild animal and will NOT be a pet at all

When it bites someone it will have to be destroyed since rabies vaccines do not work on wild animals 

You are going to get one and treat it like a pet and be very dispaointed when it doesn't act like a pet and turns on you 

• patty

foxes are so cute. I think exercise is important. maybe you could take him out a few times a day for a walk. I believe he would like some toys to play with. I would treat him a bit like a dog. have him inside at night.

• that’s what i was thinking, i know they need at least a 10’x10’ enclosure but i feel that’s still small