Can anything technically be a bag?

There’s something that really, REALLY gets me heated. Bags.

Can anything be a bag???

Because take for instance a lunch box. You walk around with a lunch box, it holds food and stuff, it’s metal and not flexible; it’s a lunch box. 

But what if I put a strap on it and wear it over my shoulder or on my back or whatever. Is it a bag then?

This all occurred when I was walking with my girlfriend in Primark or something and we walked past the tub shown in the image, and I said that it’s not a bag, she disagreed. 

Like in the first two image.

They are tubs in my eyes, but not to others. And I accept it but I can’t see it as a bag and it annoys me. 

What if I got a bottle and put a strap on it, is it a bag? 

What about if I get a cupboard from my wall and put a strap on it, is it a bag?

What if I get my tv and smash it open and put a strap on it and walk around with it, is it a bag?

By definition, a bag is flexible, but these aren’t flexible because they open with hinges. A bag is wobbly and stuff to me.

Idk. 

Wanna know what others think, it’s a fun topic to talk about at a dinner table IF YOURE CLOSE DONT GET ANGY.

With a bit of craft, yeah, technically 

it,s nice..........

• Linda

A bag can be considered a handbag or a bag like a trash bag or a rucksack or anything large to carry something. The picture shown looks more like a purse than a bag. It's hardly worth arguing the point. If your lunchpail has straps in it, it's still a lunchpail. There are strapless handbags or purses with straps but they are not considered bags. This subject is closed until further notice...

Source(s): A bag or not a bag...that is the question?

The thing in the image you posted could be considered a bag. There are hard purses that have straps. You are asking the  definition of a "bag", for fashion purposes.

If so, the YES. But your TV doesn't contain anything, so not a bag,  b y any definition 

• Linda
      1 month agoReport

How could a tv hold something and why would you wanna put straps on it to tote it somewhere anyway?

• Burgoo

not always, if i rested my sack on your head it would be a hat

Many words in English have multiple meanings. You are referring to the use of 'bag" as a kind of slangy term for a handbag or purse. The term "handbag" comes from a time when they were made of cloth and were softsided. The term "bag" has remained in the language. Another meaning for "bag" is a soft-sided receptacle to carry things in. 

I believe if you put a strap on it then anything can be classed as a bag.