promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can you walk up to the hollywood sign at night?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Nope, it's not a safe place to climb.

Even during the day. 

Years ago it wasn't an issue people did that.

Since the home owners association in the area had a fence put up around the area. Too many people, too much trash, too much destruction. 

I recently saw a show with a tv crew filming HOLLYWOOD sign on mountain.  It was about 4 mins into filming and a police helicopter was swarming the area.

So not a good idea, you'll get removed and fined.

There are no trespassing signs in area.

Another reason for concern is a huge communication antenna sits close to the sign area. It provides services to thousands in the area. Another huge reason why you can't climb the hill to Hollywood sign.

One fun spot to climb is Diamond Head in Oahu Hawaii. It cost a $1. For map and ticket. The view is amazing. Steep climb full of stairs. Old military bunkers are still their.

Twin Peaks in San Francisco is another cool mountain to drive up look out at sf.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You can't do that anymore.  The rich snobs who own homes in that area put a stop to it. Just like the Salk Institute, stopped everyone from being able to park on the beautiful and ample cliff ridge of nude Black's Beach in San Diego. Snobbish c|_|nts. Conservative people like to destroy anything that is fun or free.

• 1 month ago

If it's possible at all, you'd need permission from the land owner.  Generally, though, I'd bet that it's not possible.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can't walk right up to it even during daylight hours anymore. But in my childhood growing up near the sign we used to climb on the thing and basically use it as a hangout place.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You cannot legally do that anytime.

• 2 months ago

No. Also not in the day or at any other time.

• ...Show all comments
    • Foofa
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

As late as 2014 you could get to the sign...perhaps not entirely legally but we were still doing it. 

• 2 months ago

Not a great idea. It's a steep hillside and it's not well lit. Also, it's illegal.

• 2 months ago

I’ve heard your not legally allowed but there are people who sneak up there, especially to see if it’s really haunted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.