Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Is it possible to find out how old a Yahoo Answers account is?

In the past, I could hover my cursor over an avatar, and it would show the date the user joined Yahoo Answers. And, if I recall correctly, I could see the date I joined Answers on my Profile Page.

Is this feature gone now? Is there any way possible to know when a user joined Answers?

Thank you for any feedback.

When I hover my cursor over my avatar, it doesn't provide the date any more; It used to before the new changes, though.

QUESTION: Can another user see the date that I started my account on Answers?

Obviously, if someone is Anonymous, you cannot see any info like that. 

• .
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you can find the approximate age (when using a desktop device) by clicking a user's username or avatar to go into their YA activity. If you mouse over the box that shows their user level, you will see a pop-up that shows you how many points the user has earned this week (although that's rarely correct these days) and how long ago that account joined Yahoo Answers (months or years). It doesn't provide you a specific date. Hover your cursor over your user level, when in your YA activity (not your avatar). 

• not at all in my opinion

• You can not find out the date the account was open only the number of years or decade.  Having your device on desktop mode or view or whatever does not help you in this case.

Are you on a .mobile device or tablet?. It may be the device. In have been on a non-smart cell phone for 2 and a half years. I have never been able to see the month and year an account was set up or someone signed up with YA. You may have to be on a desktop or laptop device. Verizon/Yahoo may have removed it from the YA activity profile because a lot of people were, and some still are, bring harassed about how old their accounts are.

Try putting your device and browser into desktop mode and your browser into desktop VIEW..

• Daniel

Yes if you visit there Profile and Move the Mouse Towards the Level that there on it will show you how old the Account is

I just Checked by visiting another Profile on here and I was able to see when they Joined

• Sharon

To find your account start date hover over your avatar. It is shown there, or go to your privacy dashboard to see it: https://yahoo.mydashboard.oath.com/