Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 2 months ago

What would happen if I trolled people in Casinos?

I live outside of Las Vegas.

There are plenty of poker rooms, mostly off the strip but a few on, that have a very low buy in for No Limit Hold'em Tournaments, as low as $30 bucks.

Suppose I just messed up the game and went all in every single time, pre-flop, no matter what I have.

Thus delaying the real game.

Eventually someone will have a good enough set of cards to call me, and eventually the flop, turn and river will come up in their favor.

But even with junk cards in my hand, it's possible there will be a player or two where the board won't come out for them, and I'll have trolled them out of the game.

And if everyone folded on the first hand I'll still get to do it once more after losing one because I'll still have the blinds.

And even if I'm out first hand, I still impacted the game by giving someone an early chip lead, so the effects of my trolling live on.

In other words I paid for my own amusement.

Then when I am out, I announce to the table:

"Well, I'm off to screw up other games. May our paths cross again."

Lol what would come of that?

After all, I'm allowed to bet however I want, right?

I haven’t been on answers in a long time. It’s just over run with trolls. 

death penalty  

It's not necessarily trolling, but considering you're practically throwing your money & your chance at the championship away here...  it's something only those who are extremely brave, foolish or likely BOTH.  The stronger players are likely going to pick up on your lack of skills & your luck will eventually run out.

As the old adage goes...  "A fool & their money are soon parted."

You might temporarily upset the balance of chips at the table, but the law of averages favors the more skillful players who can properly wield the cards they're dealt & properly assessing their probability of success.

The tournament may allow limited rebuy-ins during the initial round(s); HOWEVER, the tournament organizers may bar you from rebuying into the current tournament & potentially participating in future tournaments for unsportsmanlike conduct.

If conduct is truly atrocious (becoming a threat to the casino), the casino management may choose to eject you from their establishment & add you to their "Black Book" (which bars you from all casino establishments owned by said management) or push to get you added to the infamous "Griffin Book" (a list of barred players that are shared among multiple casinos world-wide).

How you wish to proceed is up to you, but just be aware that your actions will have consequences you may not have contemplated.

• Mark

Every strategy has a counter-strategy.  It wouldn't delay the game. If you started doing that (and I've played against plenty of Donkeys), I would simply tighten up and wait for a premium hand to call you.

• Mark

I have a lot of patience.  It's a poker skill that's often overlooked.  I've won tournaments with only a few winning hands.  They came at the right moment and with the right callers.

nothing happens. but it's not good to trolled someone.

• lare

if you go "all in" then you are out of the game if you lose. if there are 5 other players at the table, you only have a 20% chance of surviving the first deal. that is not good odds.

• jack2 months agoReport

That assumes that all five of them call my all in pre flop AND they win on the deal. There are several ways an unsuited 2 7 can beat pocket aces.

If you are lucky, you won't be injured when security LITERALLY throws you out.

Note: You CAN'T do anything close to what you suggest more than once.

• jack2 months agoReport

A poker player isn't allowed to go all in more than once? Pray tell, which casino has such a rule?

There are already people who do that in no limit tournaments, figuring that sometimes they'll bust out early, but other times they'll take a huge chip lead early and have a big advantage to help them get to the end of the tournament to finish in the money.

Its all perfectly legal, and decent players will take you to the cleaners if you try it.What's your next brilliant plan - are you going to sign up for rec league softball and swing at every pitch no matter what - causing you to strike out but maybe occasionally you'll hit a home run? You bad boy, how do you live with yourself?

You would lose a lot of money fast.

....as opposed to everywhere else you go?