promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how many forms of ID do I need for getting new license plates and registration?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In order to obtain "new" (not renewal) license plates and registration, you need the Title; a Bill of Sale, proof of residency in the County in which you're going to register the car, and proof of insurance. You need only the proof of insurance when you renew your registration.

Every year, the State Department of Public Safety mails you a Renewal of Registration notice. You take that notice and proof of insurance and go down to the County Tax Assessor/Collector's office (or any other authorized location) and  re-register your car  and obtain new plates (if new plates are needed). The Registration Notice contains your name, address, County of residence, how much it's  going to cost to re-register your car, and the make and model of the car.    

You can also re-register your car every year by mail or online.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Just your recognized ID card, such as a driver's license. If you are new to the state, you will need some form of verification of residence as well. Usually, you will need two items to verify that you live there if it's a new registration.

• 1 month ago

Just your drivers license.

• May
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Zero. to one..............

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ive only needed one. Nothing but my drivers license matters. Except maybe a military ID.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

NONE! If the vehicle is already registered in your name, all you need is the cash to pay for the new registration.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It will take me a while to call every DMV in the USA, but I'll get back to you.

Or you could make the phone call.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As many as your state or province or country requires

• 1 month ago

In what state? Each is different.

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Although it might help if you were to identify for us your state or province, your country and your planet, it'll be easier if you simply ask your local Department of Motor Vehicles (or whatever they call themselves) tomorrow. If you are in the US the office is probably closed for Presidents Day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.