promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
aj asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

9 hour unrefrigerated egg?

Hey is it okay to still eat a egg that was refrigerated but unrefrigerated for 9 hours out on counter?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they are also UN - REFRIGERATED  when the HEN is laying the egg and sitting on  the  egg .....

more people should get back to the FARM  and see how NATURE actually occurs

much of the WORLD do NOT refrigerate eggs  nor WET them 

countries that do are Japan USA  Australia New Zealand and parts of Scandinavia

. the USA does  to reduce the "RISK"  of "food poisoning "

the USDA REQUIRES  eggs for Consumption  to be WASHED , processed , and refrigerated

here is the FACTS   EGGS can be contaminated with SALMONELLA  two ways  the  bacteria can be transferred from a infected HEN to her egg while the egg is  developing

and  or GROW on the SHELL after it is laid if it comes in contact with the HEN'S FECES   in the 1970  the USA had a egg washing system , the problem is AFTER you WASH them you need to refrigerate them cause the  Thin  NATURAL protective coating on the egg is removed called the CUTICLE  that keeps BACTERIA out  so  to have "CLEAN  PRETTY eggs "  its a trade off 

after 9 hours 

if your in the USA  Japan  Australia  new Zealand and parts of  Scandinavian you have a slightly  higher risk of SALMONELLA  and if you neglected  to  wash  the counter well  and your  HANDS  after using the TOILET and before touching the eggs

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes is ok.Eggs do not need refrigeration.I keep mine there because its simple and takes up no extra room in the kitchen.

• 2 months ago

that’s what it’s like man

• 2 months ago

Absolutely fine. Eggs are ok with not being refrigerated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • You do NOT, EVER, refrigerate eggs they are to kept in a COOL area with the small end upright. (I produce eggs)

• ted
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It is okay.  I sometimes do not refrigerate eggs for a day or so

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes it's fine.   

Do you think hens are in refrigerators when they lay the eggs? 

• 2 months ago

I remember a time when eggs were sold in grocery stores, un-refrigerated. They were also stored on the kitchen counter right near the stove for easy access, Of course this was when eggs were OK to serve for breakfast everyday, apparently people are weaker now.

• 2 months ago

That depends on where your from and if the egg was washed off. In the United States, for some stupid reason, they wash all the eggs off here, stripping the eggs of their natural defense system, therefore we have to refrigerate them. The rest of the world doesn't do this so they can keep their eggs out.

• Anton
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

An unrefrigerated egg is good for at least two weeks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.