Stress Problem at 15!?

I am so stressed out I can't think. My heart pounds out of my chest most of the time. I feel sick to my stomach. I Just don't know what to do. I want to make my parents proud and graduate early. I can graduate by 16-17 but I ran into a difficulty I am having trouble with Geometry. I want my Mother to be proud and say wow that's my daughter. Smart. Kind. Making a good life. But I can't seem to pass get good grades in geometry. I study all the time on the weekend I have no friends because I'm home schooled so no distraction. I talk to the teachers and Watch the videos they send. I have A's in every other class but I have a 62 in Geometry which Math is usually my best subject. I don't know what to do. Any Advice. All Honesty Welcome!!

• GA41
    Favorite Answer

Thought precede emotions. Change your thoughts and you can impact your feelings. Here is a Bible Verse I memorized to redirect my thoughts. --->"4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. (Phillipians 4: 1-9). ---> It has helped me to realize that anxiety and worry are not helpful, in fact they are detrimental to achieving your goal. Quit telling yourself you cannot understand this, because you can. You tube has alot of lessons on geometry which may be helpful. Try to identify exactly what it is that is giving you trouble and target this area. Realize the Sin Angle A is simply a number which can be handled with simple algebra. Memorizing jingles such as OH HO AH HA OA AO has helped me memorize that Sine =OH, cosecant =HO, cosine AH, etc.

• syke1 month agoReport

Thank You so much this has helped a lot. I will definitely try that.

Your Mom loves you. She will love you if you graduate early, she will love you if you graduate on time. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, will have one subject that will cause you all hell. Mine was math. I actually had to repeat math (my school would allow us to repeat a single subject as opposed to the whole grade if it was just the one subject that was holding us back). I hated it, but once I came to terms with the fact that math was not my best friend, I was able to let go of the stress it was causing me and get on with my life. As sucky as this is, you need to let go of the quest for perfection and just move past the need to kill yourself to please your Mom. Maybe talk to your teacher and see if you can get some one-on-one help with this, see if there are any websites set up for tutoring, maybe chat forums, maybe someone in your actual neighborhood that can tutor you and get you to where you need to be. But keep in mind, even if the geometry kicks your a$$, you are still a beautiful and worthwhile person who is, and always will be the love of her mother's life. Don't stress the small stuff, sweetheart, and in reality, it is all small stuff. Blessings.

Relax, and stay in school. A high school education is free, and there are years of math after geometry.