Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Morning after pill during ovulation?

Me and my bf had sex (unprotected) the night before my ovulation and the day of. I took a plan b the same day about 12 hours or less later. Will the plan b work?

If you already ovulated, it's all up to Mother Nature if Mr. Sperm and Ms. Egg create a perfect union.

Sex without birth control is the single most popular way to become parents.

If you already ovulated, Plan B will do nothing.

One of my friends has a lovely granddaughter, conceived when her daughter took Plan B after ovulating.

If you take Plan B within 24 hours of sex, it is 95% effective in preventing pregnancy. Plan B works in two ways:

1. Prevents ovulation.  Of course, if you've already ovulated before you take the Plan B, that's not going to work.

2. If fertilization does occur, Plan B is supposed to prevent the egg from implanting in your uterus by altering the lining.

Unfortunately, there's no sure-fire way to know whether or not you are in the 5% of people for whom Plan B doesn't work.  You either have to wait to see if your period comes and or see an ob/gyn for a test. 

Please don't have unprotected sex if you don't want to get pregnant. Plan B should not be used as your primary form of birth control.  If you are smart enough to track your ovulation, you are more than smart enough to be on some kind of birth control.