Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Speaking as a beer geek: Have you ever had a beer that you thought you would hate, bur ended up liking (if not loving)?

I just had Rusty Rails Fool's Gold.  It's a peanut butter wheat.  I though it would be awful but it's like drinking a peanut butter sandwich.

Strangely no, but I don't really try that many beers that go crazy with fruits or other ingredients. I tend to stay with more beers that stick with traditional ingredients.

I recently had a Kveik/farmhouse ale that was flavoured with parsnip and yellow beet. Thought I would hate it (especially since I'm not a fan of beets), but ended up loving it. The same brewery did a Norwegian style farmhouse ale, which I also liked but found it a bit too sweet. This beer was like that in style but the veggies kind of cut back on the sweetness which made it a tad bit more likable for me.

• Dimple

i had beer that i thought i would absolutely love.. "blueberry beer" from boston beerworks.. and i hated it. 

i dislike beer a lot.. and for some odd reason everyone hyped up blueberry beer.. and i tried it.. it sucked. 

I do like butter beer though.