Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

What am I supposed to do about neighbour’s inappropriate relationship?

My next door neighbour is a 51 year old man. For the past few months, he’s been dating an 18 year old girl. It’s completely wrong. I’m very uncomfortable about it. She should be dating someone closer to her own age. Plus, she’s too hot for him anyway. 

I saw her in the garden one day and tried to speak to her about the relationship, but she didn’t seem all that willing to open up. I managed to get in contact with her parents and they were just like, “we know, but she’s happy”. So apparently they’re not willing to do anything about it. 

You're just jealous she's banging him and not you.

OMG,,you actually tracked down an 18 y/o young woman's Parents because you didn't approve of her BF's age?!! 

The only thing weird about your 51 year old neighbor dating an 18 year old girl is YOU knowing either of their ages or even knowing that he's dating anybody at all & giving a sh*t about it,,,what are you-the age'gap police or something...

You really need to just MYOFB before one of'm calls the cops on you for stocking & harassment or even kicks your A*s!                                                                                                   BTW,, I'm a nasty old white dude in my mid 60s living Expat-fashion in the south pacific islands with a '19' year old GF,,,and when she introduced me to her parents "Four" years ago her whole family thought I was the best thing to come along since MacArthur's Return.      How do you like 'That' kind-o-math Busybody!?

I can see where an 18 year old can be very attractive to a middle-aged man. It happened to me.  I knew it wouldn't last long, though, and minimized things with her and got rid of her.  Some girls are very dependent on men, some lack self confidence enough to think they'll never make it on their own and tie up with older guys more than twice their age. They can dream about having an easy life or whatever for it. But it all comes down to an age gap problem in people having enough things in common to make for a lasting relationship.

• Mr.Anonymous
      1 month agoReport

LOL! Just exactly how much DO a teenager of 'Legal Age' seeking a worthy provider and a Middle age man of means seeking a worthy sex-partner actually NEED to have in common?   

It's sad and hard to watch these types of mistakes.  You can try talking to her again.

If her parents know about it, it's none of your business. You better be careful if you continue, she could haul you into court for harrassment.

Not your problem, like another said, but if she is even average looking, it is more likely he is her sugar daddy.  He is buying her nice things, paying her rent, and giving her other money, or maybe even drugs.  I would also feel uncomfortable, but I also dated a woman much older then me, I was older then 18. I was 28 and she was 45.  I did not want money just sex.  And I liked her. she was fun to be with.  It grew into a relationship for almost a year, but we grew apart.  Her kids did not like I was only a few years older than them.  It might not have lasted, anyways, but their nagging ended it sooner. Soon he will get tired of all the money it is costing him, to have the attention of a young girl.  And she will get as much as she can and then move to someone else.  

• Alan H

Both are legally of age.

Inappropriate it may be but, sorry, it is not your affair

Hopefully she will learn  

but out ... find your own 

If she is happy then why you should have any concern for her.These are purely personal matter and it is not proper on your part to interfere in her affairs..Moral policing is a bad idea

• Brian

What are you, the dating police?