Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Are all flights to and from China cancelled? ?

Can you still get flights from the United States to China? Or have all flights been cancelled? Obviously I would NOT want to be anywhere near China right now. Was just curious. 

NO

ALL flights are not cancelled. A huge number(most) have been.

You may have heard of a few flights returning some from the infected areas of China. Specially equipped CHARTER flights.

China has restricted travel for over 500,000,000 in an attempt to control the spread of the virus. It is getting difficult to move around inside China and to nearby countries.

A few on the planet are determined to travel as they want and break the quarantine.

You do not have to be in China to be affected by this thing.

The American Airlines have temporarily cancelled flights direct between China and the USA.

MOST major Airlines have  suspended service for another two weeks to "their home" countries.

By the time you get around to booking a flight the virus most likely will be just another tragic moment in world virus history.

Once flights resume current bookings will fill most of the seats. The tens of thousands that had some travel issue will fill the rest for quite a while. You can expect some travel deals as the tourist industry restarts.

If quarantine on a large scale was attempted in the USA the lawyers would be lined up to fight any control measures.

The virus is already in 19 US states.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but out in the world there are many things a person can catch when they travel.Those big Jets and big Airports move it around the planet in a few hours.

As far as I know flights between China and the U.S. has stopped for the time being.

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.

American, Delta and United currently suspended flying into China and I think Hong Kong as well.  I think China Eastern, China Southern and Air China may still have flights.

China is a HUUUUUGE country. Saying you wouldn't go there because of the corona virus in Wuhan is like someone from another country saying they  wouldn't go to Florida because the water is contaminated in Flint, Michigan. 

• As far as I know, flights maybe canceled to the areas Wuhan. But you may want to check with your air line if you have to go there. Wuhan, China is where the corona virus originated and where 1,770 people have been killed by it. 

Do your research, find out where the virus is and don't go any where near those areas. If you have to go there, bring some hand sanitizer with you (use it where ever possible) and or wash your hands regularly.

Personally I wouldn't go to that area China right now if I didn't have to.