Are you afraid of God?

Favorite Answer

I do not fear God in the sense of being morbidly afraid of him, but I have a healthy fear of going against his will, because his will is always right. 

Similarly, we can fear to take risks that can endanger our lives. How much more must we fear to displease Almighty God!

Yet, we can be glad that he alone is almighty, because "his eyes are roving about in all of the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him." 2 Chronicles 16:9

In fact, the fear of the true God, Jehovah, "is the beginning of wisdom."  Proverbs 9:10  This means that his requirements are for our good, with our everlasting welfare in view.

As humans who are limited in knowledge and experience, there may be times when we do not fully appreciate why a certain law stated by God is so important, or how it really works for our good.

However, this is where the wisdom comes in:  Our firm belief that God obviously knows far more than we do, that his experience is so much greater than ours, and that what he does is for our everlasting good, will move us to obey him with a willing heart.

Even Jesus, in the depths of agony, asked his Father to "remove this cup from him."  But his knowledge of his Father moved him to say: "Yet, not as I will but let your will take place."  Matthew 26:39

Similarly, we can draw from our faith in, and knowledge of, Jesus' God and Father to provide us with the strength that we need to face the worst trials in our life, and conquer them.

The God-inspired words of Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 puts it this way:

"The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man.

For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad."

Why be afraid of something which doesn't exist?

• GEHAN
      1 month agoReport

In my life There is more evidence of God than of you. Denying the evidence of God may only be a symptom of fear to know and be responsible tio truth.

“FEAR God and give him glory, because the hour of the judgment by him has arrived.” (Revelation 14:7) Without proper godly fear, we will likely give in to wrong impulses or succumb to fear of man. 

• 2 months agoReport

FACEBOOK, YAHOO, TWITTER AND TUMBIR FAMILY MUST BURN ALIVE TILL VANISH IN AFGHANISTAN DESERT - ALLAH
      (Google "Danny Woo VK" in Bing for book of life, A science book that dont exist in human world)

CORONAVIRUS?
      FIND THE CURE AFTER REACHING MY VK PROFILE

I have a reverential awe of my Creator, for "He dwells in unapproachable light" and "Without holiness, no-one will see the Lord". I was walking in darkness until I cried out to Him in my distress, and He rescued me. Now I long to remain in His light and to (one day) approach Him, having been cleansed of unholiness. I am also learning to tremble at His word, the more I study it. His word is awesome. Yet, I know the warmth of His unmerited love, and I call Him "Abba" - Father. I know He has adopted me into His heavenly family as His child. Therefore I draw close to Him, in reverential awe.

• 2 months agoReport

CORONAVIRUS?

Whoever don't know God is "WRATH" (Jeremiah 6:11) is "the fool," for his thinking is as if "There is no God" (Psalm 14:1)!

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:10).

• Paul

Why would I be? He has done nothing but good for me ever since I first met Him.

I am as afraid of a god as I am of leprechauns

Respect for the Father.

• David2 months agoReport

the heavenly father well done 

No, why would I be afraid of him?  God loves me.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • baby Ey (MeMe)

that's the reason to fear Him. he FORGIVES you.

No more than I am of

Voldermort or The Snow Queen