Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Which countries will accept high school us curriculum applicants into their universities without a preparatory/freshman year?

• Lili

Freshman year is not a "preparatory" year. It's just the first year of university in the US.

Plenty of US students end up attending foreign universities. I know quite a few people who've attended British universities.  You need to check universities in countries that interest you. They all have pages that explain their requirements for foreign applicants.

• Tavy

We don't have freshman years in the U.K. google any Uni and look what is required for international students, and the FEES.

In the U.S. most students go directly from high school to university.

There is, of course, a "freshman year," and one needs to take introductory classes in most subjects. But introductory classes are not limited to freshman.

For example, for my biology major, I was required to take introductory biology, intro. physics, and intro. chemistry. Since I had other classes I needed to take freshman year (calculus, English Comp., foreign language, etc.) I ended up taking intro. physics my second year. 

That sort of thing is pretty common; there are often many upperclassmen taking introductory classes, aside from "English Composition" which most students are required to take as freshmen. Even then, you might have the occasional upperclass transfer student taking English Comp., if their other university credit was not accepted for transfer. 

• Brian

Have you ever thought about contacting the universities that you're interested in?  Or are emails and phone calls just tooooo much trouble for you?