promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Which countries will accept high school us curriculum applicants into their universities without a preparatory/freshman year?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Freshman year is not a "preparatory" year. It's just the first year of university in the US.

Plenty of US students end up attending foreign universities. I know quite a few people who've attended British universities.  You need to check universities in countries that interest you. They all have pages that explain their requirements for foreign applicants.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We don't have freshman years in the U.K. google any Uni and look what is required for international students, and the FEES.

• 2 months ago

In the U.S. most students go directly from high school to university.

There is, of course, a "freshman year," and one needs to take introductory classes in most subjects. But introductory classes are not limited to freshman.

For example, for my biology major, I was required to take introductory biology, intro. physics, and intro. chemistry. Since I had other classes I needed to take freshman year (calculus, English Comp., foreign language, etc.) I ended up taking intro. physics my second year. 

That sort of thing is pretty common; there are often many upperclassmen taking introductory classes, aside from "English Composition" which most students are required to take as freshmen. Even then, you might have the occasional upperclass transfer student taking English Comp., if their other university credit was not accepted for transfer. 

• Brian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Have you ever thought about contacting the universities that you're interested in?  Or are emails and phone calls just tooooo much trouble for you?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.