Anonymous

People with disabilities are just like everyone else?

Did you hear about this? Apparently they are just that; people, and have hopes, dreams, likes, and dislikes, just like everyone else

Favorite Answer

No clue what that means but probably not

• 2 days ago

People with disabilities are human just like everyone else. In a culture that is focused on perfection, people with disabilities are seen as mistakes. This reflects the obsession with perfection that is demonstrated in the multibillion dollar beauty and cosmetic surgery industries. Humans are a product of evolution and as such we will not all look exactly the same.

I remember the inspirational movie titled "Wonder". Wonder is a fictional story about a ten-year-old boy born with facial differences. His facial deformity has prevented him from living a normal life. But when he decided to go to school like a regular kid, Auggie discovers an extraordinary journey that will prove that you can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.

I am a person with multiple significant disabilities and I have the same needs as anyone else. I want to be loved, safe, well-fed, etc. And with that I have the same dreams and aspirations as others. The only difference is in how they are accomplished. 

• Liz

Yes, they're just like us and perhaps because they are limited in what they can do, they feel even more keenly about their hopes, dreams, etc. The website has an interesting article and offers hope for sufferers.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/w02 5/1 How Disabilities Will End
  • Sky

And what exactly makes you think anyone would believe anything different about diabetics?

Pretty sure I knew that.

LostVoiceGuy doesn't agree with you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abBicxW9EX0

Youtube thumbnail

You got that right. Because of a stroke I can't walk. Otherwise I'm just like everyone else.