Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

How do we know for sure that non-whites are the minority in the United States?

To me, if you group all non-whites together, the numbers seem large to me.

WE DON'T..........................................................

• Foofa

The US government can't even seem to figure who is and isn't "white", so all their figures would be specious. It's a fact that Arabs and most Latinx people are Caucasian. But the US Census has now decided they're two totally separate races. This so called "white" box should more aptly be titled the "of northern European ancestry" box...if it's not going to apply to other white people who just happen to have slightly darker skin.

• ?

Thats an interesting reality theory. So far they make sure that's the word Thunderbird, When maybe its ain't. Ain't that a kick in the head? 

Ever heard of the Census?

What counts as a minority is a 1/8 of heritage. Of course that dilutes the race #'s, but the truth is, THE ONLY REASON WE USE RACE IS TO DIVIDE. That needs to stop. This is America, we need to set the standard for the world.

If whites are 70% then putting all minorities together will be less than 70%.

That's already true.  Whites are no longer a pure majority, and it won't be long before they're not the largest group.

And as a white guy, I don't care.  What I care about are policies and institutions.  The decay of those is what alarms and frustrates me.