Q asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

How to bring up PTSD to a doctor?

How do I go about talking to a doctor about my PTSD and not get written off or for them to actually listen? I have to talk to a Medical Cannabis doctor and I don't know what to do or even how to start the conversation about it. 

I understand that a "Medical cannabis doctor" is not an actual term. I meant the doctor they send me to to get my prescription. I don't want to look like I am just drug seeking. I legitimately struggle with my PTSD and at times it is debilitating to deal with.

I think (or know) I have PTSD, what are my treatment options?

You can also go to a dispensary and ask where there's a dr that prescribes. They are usually next door.  However, I'd caution you NOT to get a prescription! If data reaches Federal Gov, you can have problems getting gun permits, purchase ammo, have passport and SENTRI issuance issues, etc. So weigh the benefits/problems and do your research.