promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Folks go on missions in foreign countries. Doesn't that seem odd when 3/4 of their own community don't believe as they do?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It really is odd, and it illustrates to what desperate extremes 

they will go in their thinking that they will find favor with God. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You've been misinformed.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It "don't"?  You're wrong.  3/4 of my community "do" believe in God.

• 2 months ago

?

Well...I suppose that's true in China...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What most amuses me is the fundies going on mission trips to South and Central America, places that are more heavily Christian than the US.

• Misty
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

They are brainwashed to be that way, that is how some cults work.

• 2 months ago

No there is nothing odd about it.  The Western world has had plenty of opportunity to accept Christ as Saviour, even if it were only Christmas (Christ's birth celebrated) or Easter (Christ's resurrection from the dead which is celebrated) which got them thinking or asking questions about God and Christ, so in the Western world, we have no excuse.

Many foreign lands however, if they were born Muslim or Hindu etc., or if they have never heard the gospel whatsoever, they NEED missionaries to go and preach the gospel to them, because Jesus isn't coming back until EVERYONE has at least HEARD the gospel and had the opportunity to come to Christ and be saved.

That's what God is waiting for.  He has told us it's not His will that anyone perish but that all should come to repentance, so He's waiting to make sure everyone's had their chance to accept Him and JEsus Christ the Saviour and be saved.

The Bible says, the Gospel will be preached in all the world and THEN THE END WILL COME, so the quicker it gets done the better.(Matthew 24:14)

• 2 months ago

I have no idea what you're on about.

Who goes on missions?

3/4 of which community?

~

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.