Help! I accidentally got a 3 inch cut 12 hours ago and its bleeding much more now?

It's 3 in x .5 in (oval shaped), on my thigh, down to subcutaneous tissue, and it hasn't stopped bleeding since. I've applied near constant pressure, and have only changed dressing once, but it has not slowed. I just woke up, only to find it had soaked through all of the dressing onto the bed.

The injury is from self harm. I know, it's stupid and dangerous, and I've been trying to quit all year. I need to find help for it, but I can't do that if I get a deadly infection or bleed out. This will come after my leg is safe.

Issue is, I CANNOT go to the doctor for this. I am currently in a financial position in which I cannot possibly afford a visit. I need to get it to stop soon. I'm quite a bit frightened, honestly. If anyone can please give me some solid advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

First you need a pressure dressing.

And a wound like that needs to be sutured or glued. Super glue isn't much different from the glue they use in wound care but you've been bleeding consistently. You're not going to bleed to death but you're going to get sepsis. You should go to an urgent care. There are many urgent cares that will use a sliding scale and bill you based on how much money you make.

• Gert

Go to the ER before you bleed to death.

• audrey

If you're not trolling, go to the ER now. They will not let you bleed to death because you don't have insurance.

• Petter

Go to the ER now before it's too late.

• Petter
      1 month agoReport

Well, you could do like Rambo and stitch it up yourself without anasthetics, but it will be extremly painful, it will get infected and it will leave a big, ugly scar. Just go to the ER.

Apply turmeric liberally on affected area

• The 4th1 month agoReport

Any alternatives to turmeric?