promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How many drugs constitutes a cocktail??,?

You always hear newscasters talking about people taking a "cocktail of drugs". I'm curious how many drugs you would have to take before it's considered a cocktail? Like a few? If I had some coffee with sugar than smoked a cigarette, is that a cocktail of drugs? It's more than a couple at least. Need answers ASAP,,

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There's no set amount that makes it a "cocktail". It usually means a bunch of different types or brands of drugs taken at one time.

Having said that yes, the sugar, caffeine and nicotine do fit the description of a drug cocktail but don't worry. They're all perfectly legal and with the exception of the cigarette in today's society they're socially acceptable.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Adam D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When referring to a drink, from what I'm reading, it wouldn't be a true cocktail without containing at least one alcohol and two mixers, though two or more of each would be more common.

I think your coffee with sugar and a cigarette wouldn't meet the criteria, I'd consider the coffee to be one drug (you don't consider the alcohol and the other stuff in say vodka to be separate, right?), the cigarette to be another, and the sugar as a mixer - this would be described as a trio if it were a drink.  Throw in some flavored creamer or something and you've got your drug cocktail.

• 2 months ago

i alwes use 4items too make

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

sometimes when you hear about a person who has died

sometimes u hear about a person who died of a drug overdose and they have so many drugs in their system it is hard to believe. Like 10 or more

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The example you give would not constitute a cocktail of drugs. Nicotine is a dangerous addictive drug, but its dangers are medium to long term, rather than immediate. Caffeine is not regarded as a drug. Sugar is not a drug, just a rather unhealthy fattening junk food., A cocktail of drugs would normally include illegal drugs, or misused prescription or pharmacy drugs and often alcohol as well. Technically two drugs constitute a cocktail, although three or more or 3 or 2 plus alcohol -  are more likely to be described this way.. 

• 2 months ago

Two or more is considered a cocktail.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.