Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

My wife is a feeder, turned me into a bloater?

My wife is a feeder, she tries to feed me up good with high calorie foods so that I look unattractive to other females. When I met her, I was very muscular, athletic, almost anaemic in fact. Now I look like a blob shuffling about, I am so ashamed. I cannot look in the mirror, i can't even tie my shoe laces without puffing & wheezing. The other day I was installing loft insulation and almost went through the celing. My wife is a good cook. Every time I attempt a diet, she plys me with home made Chinese, burgers and amazing sweet chilli dishes, she wont let me escape from my fatness. Please help, what can I do to break my bad relationship with food?

good answers, good, thanks

Favorite Answer

Your world is a struggle, it does not sound fair at all. I think portion control could be the answer.

Start now smaller sevings on plate.Eat only half of that remove yourself from the table.She is not forcing you to do anything that you do by your self/

She isn't putting the food in your mouth~ you are. Stop blaming someone else for your lack of discipline. If you don't want to be fat don't eat what you shouldn't; simple as that.

Stop eating her unhealthy and fattening meals. Just make your own meals, and try exercising more often.

It's called temptation. It's your job to resist temptation. In you fail in that, you can't blame your wife. That being said, you may find it hard to stand up to her if she insists you eat poorly. Practice saying "No, thank you!" as if you really mean it. Then leave the room to get away from the temptation.

• GTB

The term that comes to mind is "grow up". Anyone who continually blames others for his shortcomings is immature.

• patty

your wife does not cook healthy. maybe only eat 1/2 of the food she dishes you up.