Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 2 months ago

Stapled my finger, should I worry?

I was stapling something to the wall and the stapler got stuck and I was pressing down on it and I finally felt it click... but then i saw the end of the staple in my finger (was also the knuckle) I pulled it out (I was surprised by how much was in my finger) it didn’t hurt at all and i don’t think any broke off in my finger. I didn’t disinfect it right away but that’s only because I felt that not even 5 minutes had passed and it was already closed. I disinfected about 3 hours later (whats the point right). Right now it aches when I put pressure on that spot. Should I be worried at all?

• Sparky

Have you had a tetanus shot in the last 10 years?

It seems you are fine since you can type such a long question

• Teresa

To be on the safe side, maybe you should see a doctor and ask if you need a tetanus shot.

What you worry about with a deep puncture wound like that is dirt trapped deep in the wound from the staple.  That can cause an infection.  You'll know in a day or so.  You're right--you can't disinfect it from the surface.