Does being teased by your older sibling make you tougher?

Because I like to think it really increases your risk of shyness but my mom excuses my older sister taunting me to make me tougher because my mom says it'd cause you to not be afraid to stick up for yourself. I disagree with that. How do I debunk it?

Favorite Answer

Mugh......

This really would depend upon the Sibling

in Question along w/mny othr kind of factor

but gnrally speaking I'd say it hurt mor than

hėlp !! !!

............................................

To debunk that theory you would need to show how you NEVER stick up for yourself or even know how.  But in your case, I think that is going to be tough because you apparently have already proven yourself to be capable of sticking up for yourself and have teased your older sibling back.  So any effort to debunk her theory would be moot.

• Kathy2 months agoReport

Was it implied that I stuck up for myself? How could it make me tougher if it hurts my feelings so bad that I get so irrational due to reaching my limit that she uses it against me, making it more fun, making me really insane. I'm not able to get scary. Explain that. It lowers my self-esteem.

Sometimes it can, but not always.