Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

How do I get my neighbour to stop?

My neighbour is a bit of a fitness freak and often works out in his garden. I hate it. I don’t want to look out and see that. If he wants to work out, I wish he’d go to the gym. I’ve told him I’m uncomfortable and want him to stop, but he hasn’t listened. He continues. Do you have any idea how to get him to stop? It’s stressing me out. I’m seriously considering turning the hose on him next time he does it.

When your neighbor is outside, stop looking at him while he exercises.  That will solve your issue with not wanting to see him.

Simply do not look over at him.

• Ann

If he is on his property and not disturbing anything by playing loud music or otherwise disturbing the peace, then it is his business if he wants to work out.  Build a fence that shields your property from watching him if you don't like it.  Why are you choosing to spy on him, anyway?  If you "turn the hose on him" while he is minding his own business, then you will be arrested for harassment.

...and why is this stressing you out? Are you handcuffed to the window sill?

Why don’t you get busy with chores or hobbies and let the neighbor do his exercise.

• Jerry

Do that and you'll be arrested. It's his property.

What is YOUR PROBLEM?   Then don't look out and watch(which you are obviously doing).  You have just as much right not to watch as he has to exercise.

He is infringing on your eyesight.   Knitting needles will relieve you of the eyesight and it is permanent.

. He is "in his garden". His safe space.  You are spying on him by looking that far.  You are the one infringing on him.  In some countries they put you in a corner for doing that.

I think there is a distinct reason you posted your question as “anonymous” and that is because you know your behaviour is out of line.  I suggest  you stop looking out the window at the times he is exercising and take up a different hobby.  Before you resort to turning the hose on him I suggest you speak with your doctor about this compulsion and maybe he can prescribe you something that will help.  

I suggest you take off your clothes and go outside and do jumping jacks, That should drive him inside.

• Expat

Buy curtains! It’s his garden! Get over it!

Maybe look in a different direction.

• Rick B

If he is doing this on his property, it is none of your business.